After winter months end, it is important to be ready before turning on your air conditioning. When the summer heat wave hits, you will want your air conditioner to be in good working order. According to AC installation in Orlando, FL experts, once you turn on your air conditioner after hibernation, contact professionals for thorough, affordable air conditioning maintenance.
Things To Do Before Re-Activating The Air Conditioner:
There are vital procedures you should take before turning on the air conditioning in your home after the long winter time of dormancy for your cooling system.
- Examine And Clean The Outdoor Unit: You should first go outdoors to inspect the outdoor unit and uncover it. Clear the outdoor area as the unwanted heat from your home is directed outside via the condenser.
Its effectiveness may be hampered by dirt accumulation or leaf clumps. Verify the stability of the panels that hide electrical connections. The insulation on the refrigerant lines should be complete and unbroken.
- Examine the Indoor Equipment: Look at your indoor equipment right now. Make sure the circuit breakers and electrical connections are in good working order. Checking the thermostat setting on the programmed device is a brilliant idea.
Around the refrigerant line, look for ice. It might signify a frozen evaporator coil, resulting in ruined machinery or water damage. Contact a qualified HVAC expert for air conditioning repair in Orlando FL, if anything seems out of the ordinary.
- Examine Your Vents, Ductwork, And Air Filter: After the winter, before turning on your air conditioner, remove and replace your air filter. The monthly replacement of air filters is one of the most important stages in HVAC maintenance. Your ducts, vents, and air filters are essential components of your central air heating and cooling system.
Make sure there aren’t any obstructions in the vents surrounding your home. Verify that any exposed ducting is in perfect condition and that the joinery joints are not frayed.
- Make A Trial Run: Once you’ve completed the instructions, you can switch on your air conditioning. On the other hand, you ought to wait and pay attention to the initial run. Don’t simply switch it on and walk away.
It might produce heated air, an odd odor, or loud noise. You should turn off your air conditioning system and arrange for an ac repair in Orlando, FL if these things continue for a long time.
- Plan A Yearly Tune-Up: For both the heating and cooling seasons, your HVAC system needs to be maintained at least once a year. It’s a brilliant idea to get this done right after the winter when you first put on your air conditioner.
Your system will receive a thorough tune-up from a qualified HVAC specialist, leaving it ready for whatever lies ahead. A yearly tune-up will help extend the life of your air conditioning unit.