When you own an HVAC system, there are few factors to keep in mind. One of them includes the condition of your system. This will not only increase the lifespan of your system but also creates a comfortable environment for you.
Ensuring that your HVAC systems are in proper working order is the first step. By being aware of the signs, you can schedule an air conditioning repair in Orlando, FL, to prevent your system from breaking down. This also helps you save on extra costs and avoids any decline in its efficiency.
When Is It Time To Call For An AC Repair?
Certain indicators that your system shows suggest it is time to call for a repair. Some of the frequent ones that are found in a commercial space are:
1. Spike In Utility Expense
When you notice a sudden spike in your utility bill, regardless of the present heatwave, it is time to call for an AC repair in Orlando, Fl. This sudden spike is often related to the system malfunctioning due to dirty air filters, overuse, or even a refrigerant leak.
Considering that most commercial businesses own a central cooling system, this means that every room becomes affected. Apart from this, these malfunctions can also cause the system to expire early due to more frequent wear and tear.
2. Strange Smells Coming Out Of The Vents
Another major sign that suggests you need a commercial AC repair is weird smells coming from the vents.
- Musty Odor: This is a major indicator that mold and mildew are growing inside your system. Considering this is harmful to one’s health, it is important to have it checked out immediately.
- Burnt Or Acid Smell: Burning or chemical smells suggest that some wires may be burning or the system is short-circuiting and overheating.
3. Short Cycling And Temperature Imbalance
An imbalance in temperature often results in cold and hot spots appearing around the room. The system’s short cycling usually causes this. Short cycling is when the system runs for a little while, switches off, and starts repeatedly.
This could be due to a faulty thermostat that is giving the system wrong directions, or the system is malfunctioning. In this case, the best thing to do is call for an air conditioning repair in Orlando, Fl.
4. Strange Noises From The System
While it is common for an AC unit to make operating noises, strange sounds suggest an internal issue with the system.
- Rattling Noises: This indicates that internal parts have come loose and are hitting against each other.
- Clanking Sounds: This is another indicator of loose parts or a problem with the motor fan blades.
- Screeching Noises: These sounds signify that some of your internal parts are jammed and are having trouble moving.
If you are looking for an AC repair in Orlando, FL, get in contact with us to get the best services possible!